Sr. IT Business Analyst (Kansas City, MO or Memphis, TN)
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Job Posting Date: 14-Oct-2021
- Department: Information Systems
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Information Technology Agile Program Management Office ensures continuous delivery of technology solutions and capability enhancements supporting both internal and external solution consumers.
The SR IT Business Analyst elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of product owners and end users, compiling user requirements with an understanding of the technology solutions needed. The IT Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions and look for new solutions to optimize business processes. The Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT’s understanding of business requirements, as articulated through new process design, epics, features, and user stories for solution changes. Will work on multiple highly complex projects in an Agile environment.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods for multiple complex projects
- Lead and mentor other business analysts within multiple project scopes
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a product basis, in collaboration with product owner/s to define product impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Lead stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements through product backlog grooming and planning activities
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation – to product, owners, project teams, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Participate in the QA of solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized for product owner acceptance
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 years of experience writing functional requirements specification for software projects.
- Experience working on multiple highly complex projects.
- Experience working in a Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.
- 7 years of experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- 4 years of experience utilizing process improvement methods.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required.
- Advanced understanding of product management and market placement.
- Agile certification such as SCRUM or SAFE.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.