Warehouse Utility Operator First Shift
- Jackson, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 9-Oct-2021
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under limited supervision, Warehouse Utility Operator operates forklift, overhead crane or other mobile equipment to perform a variety of intermediate and complex activities such as receiving inventory, loading and unloading, as well as staging and moving raw materials and finished goods within or near plant, yard, warehouse or work site.. The Warehouse Utility Operator fills requisitions/orders and packages materials and products to ensure products are shipped accurately and timely. The Warehouse Utility Operator assists in the production process by loading and unloading material from conveyors, and mobile equipment; supplying or holding materials or tools; placing material in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting or wrapping; as well as building crates, stacking and banding material or products.
- Based on pick sheet, customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition, assembles customer orders from stock, places orders on pallets or in crates and appropriately labels and marks packages with identifying information
- Loads and unloads raw materials and finished goods onto or from pallets, industrial racks, trailers, trucks, etc. and conveys materials or items to storage or other designated areas
- Uses scanners and computers to complete paperwork, pick/part orders, and other transactions
- Builds and bands crates as needed
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
• 3 months of related experience and/or training
• 6+ months of experience operating mobile equipment in a manufacturing or shipping environment
• 6+ months of Warehouse or Shipping experience in a manufacturing environment
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.