Machine Operator 3 Second Shift Secondaries
- Jackson, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 5-Oct-2021
- Shift: 2nd Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under limited supervision, the Machine Operator 3 works independently and uses judgement to fabricate material using equipment with a high degree of complexity and computerized controls. The Machine Operator 3 reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams and operates equipment in the Secondaries Department manufacturing processes. The Machine Operator 3 performs computer downloads containing specifications that direct the machine to operate efficiently.
- Observe machine during operation to monitor quality of finished product and/or material issues, adjusting machine as necessary
- Download or generate computer programs to direct machine for proper operation and specification for job as needed.
- Set up and operate machines with proper tooling and consumables for current job needs
- Maintain material reporting and plan best material usage to maximize finished products with least amount of raw material used.
- Use lifting devices and mobile equipment to place materials/parts where needed
- Use appropriate measuring tools, processes, and systems to perform First Piece Inspection and other quality checks before, during and after production to confirm material and/or product meets specifications
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
• 1 year of experience independently operating computer-controlled machine operation
• Certificate from technical school or 6 additional months of relevant experience and/or training in computerized numerically controlled (CNC) machine operations
• 2 year of experience in computer-controlled machine operation
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.