System Support Specialist I
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 29-Sep-2021
- Department: Information Systems
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Information Systems department provides the tools and automation to store, organize and manipulate data while making that data easily retrievable. Various hardware and software tools, along with support, combine to enable these functions in a cost effective method that helps to increase efficiency and accuracy. The primary function of this role is to provide installation, maintenance and support for all IS related hardware and software. This function may also be required to recommend solutions that span their specific locations.
- Provide functional and technical support to BBNA associates
- Provide clear and cordial communication to internal and external customers
- Ensure that standard BBNA hardware and software is being maintained and in working condition as required
- Ensure that all requests are recorded and completed to customer satisfaction
- Document resolutions to requests for future reference
- Recognize and report developing trends in the support process and technologies
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- PC Competent
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
Skills & Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Problem solving
- Action Oriented
- Personal Learning
- Technical Learning
- Written and verbal communication skills
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.