Trim Cell Support Clerk
- Jackson, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 23-Sep-2021
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under direct supervision, the Trim Cell Support Clerk performs clerical and administrative tasks to support the Trim Cell and Shop Floor operations group: including, HSE, Quality, Production, PCIC and general Operations
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Trim Cell Support: Nesting batches to download to machine. Assess new parts via blueprints to ensure automated trim cell capabilities. Review Blueprints to evaluate bend size and style. learn process of the trim cell, how it works from flow of product (i.e. raw material to finished fabbed parts).
- Manage Plant spreadsheet and data projects: Assis in assigning leadership Process Reviews (Safety, Quality, 5S and Production Scrap audits). Collect and keep the data of these assessments. Assist in housing and keeping the plant productivity goal sheets and departmental machine efficiency reports.
- Help with 5S projects, continuous improvement and support of visual management around the plant: Plant and department labeling and signage. Work with PL's and department leads to help design and keep 5S visual boards.
- Assis with special projects needed by PCIC Manager, HR Manager, Plant Manager.
- Fill in on production floor in certain needed support positions as needed: Predominantly in MO1 and/or Production Associate (general labor) capacities.
- Perform housekeeping, 5S and other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- 2 years of Warehouse/Shipping/Inventory Control experience in a manufacturing environment
- 6+ months of experience using Microsoft Office applications
- 6+ months of experience using Oracle ERP systems
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.