Customer Service Manager
- Tacoma, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 12-Sep-2021
- Department: Customer Service
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from eight locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
AEP Span, a Division of ASC Profiles, LLC. is a leading manufacturer of architectural metal products, offering performance rated structural roof and siding. AEP Span affords the architectural community uncompromised design flexibility and freedom of expression by allowing architects to design and specify roofing and framing systems for new construction and re-roofing applications. AEP Span has operations in Tacoma, WA and West Sacramento, CA.
The Customer Service Manager works independently and in accordance with the business unit strategic plan including the annual budget. The position requires a self-directed, self-motivated person capable of generating action plans from corporate vision, values and behaviors and the business unit strategic plan. The Customer Service Manager (CSM) provides leadership in managing the order fulfillment process from receipt of purchase order through production and shipment of order and claim resolution. The objective of the CSM is to ensure complete customer satisfaction by delivering on “Our Bond” (values) that states “Our customers are our partners”. The CSM serves as a constant example of excellence in commitment to customer satisfaction, safety, team effectiveness, and procedural conformity utilizing sound business practices.
- Monitor and progress customer service activities on claim investigation and resolution, aged order (finished goods) investigation and movement, and backlog order management, communicate inventory concerns to purchasing.
- Develop and sustain long-term relationship with key customers; be responsive and proactive in resolving complex customer issues or related business challenges.
- Champion issues such DAR’s, outages, shortages/late coil deliveries and coordinate with managers across departments to achieve results to meet ASC Division objectives and customer expectations.
- Hire, train and manage customer service staff. Lead and drive development of high-performance team focused on achieving objectives and goals, ensure direct reports are deploying the business plan for achieving profitable results. Train staff of documented procedures and work instructions. Coach and measure individual and departmental performance against goals. Provide coaching/training and drive individual and team development.
- Participate in select teams to develop or support initiatives to improve product or service offer on internal processes.
- Communicate changes to product or service offer (new or discontinued products, changes to lead-time or delivery) or changes to customer contacts to customers.
- Review monthly spending against budget and take appropriate action to control.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or
- 5+ years with increasing responsibility in customer service
- 3+ years of experience managing personnel
- ERP experience
- Knowledge of ASC Division products and specifications
- Construction Management
- 5+ years with increasing responsibility in customer service in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of building construction, transportation and construction terminology highly
- SAP experience preferred
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
ASC Profiles LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.