- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 4-Aug-2021
- Department: Manufacturing
Steelscape, LLC is a national supplier of metallic-coated and pre-painted steel. Aimed at servicing the construction industry, Steelscape’s products can be used for a wide range of applications from metal buildings to architectural roofing to decking and framing. Steelscape’s facilities, located in Kalama, Washington; and Rancho Cucamonga, California are strategically located near major truck, ship and rail routes to service the Western U.S. market.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Inspects, tests, dismantles and makes electrical and mechanical repairs to all types of electrical control and drive equipment and combustion and instrumentation devices in the facility by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects and makes tests, consults wiring diagrams and determines material or replacement needs according to specifications.
- Plans general working procedure, determining tools and material requirements for equipment repairs.
- Locates source of trouble in any type of electrical equipment or apparatus by tracing and testing circuits and inspecting for mechanical failure.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs, replaces or adjusts faulty parts and wiring on electrical equipment, switches, circuit breakers, transformers, hydraulic and magnetic brakes, panel boards, resistance banks, motors, starters and electronic equipment.
- Rewires, insulates, paints and reassembles equipment, completing adjustments required to obtain proper operating characteristics.
- Makes mechanical repairs to equipment being serviced, including the replacement, repair and installation of sleeve and anti-friction bearings, gears, shafts, pins, etc.
- Fabricates parts, as required, using shop machines and hand tools.
- Works in assigned areas and, as called upon, services and repairs equipment in shop.
- Obtains working knowledge necessary for troubleshooting and servicing all PLC and control equipment associated with the facility.
- Performs a regular routine of test and calibrations, set ups and adjustments on any type of combustion and instrumentation equipment.
- Removes, overhauls and replaces solenoid valves, sample pumps and dryers.
- Analyzes all types of instrumentation drawings, combustion safety drawings, systems piping and wiring diagrams, charts and graphs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) plus 2 years of technical school in electrical or electronic technology; and 3 to 5 years’ experience as an electrical technician on a continuous metal processing line with equipment similar to a galvanizing and/or paint coating line; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, electrical / hydraulic / instrumentation schematics and drawings.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must possess basic knowledge in process computer controlled equipment and plant maintenance knowledge in electricity, electronics, instrumentation, combustion, steam and heat.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and to lift; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch or crawl; and lift objects up to 50 lbs.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.