Manufacturing Process Manager I - 3rd Shift Position
- Visalia, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 19-July-2021
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Manufacturing Process Manager I oversees all plant manufacturing functions and focuses on safety, quality, delivery, efficiency and cost reduction. The Manager supervises production staff and creates a successful team culture through coaching and mentoring. They are also accountable for various manufacturing key process indicators.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
In addition to complying with all safety and environmental policies and contributing to the company’s Zero Harm commitment:
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage Compass shipping, scheduling, and delivery
- Report on weekly forecast tons and hours
- Communicate quality changes, inspections, drawings, root cause and corrective action. Understand tolerances and fabrication requirements.
- Create process goals and monitor efficiency
- Administer inventory control
- Mentor new hires and employee department transfers
- Ensure all inspections are complete
Knowledge of manufacturing process and capabilities
- Compass system
- COGS system
- Intelex health and safety system
- ADP HRIS and payroll system
- Microsoft Office computer programs
- Fabrication schedule and deliver dates
- Quality tolerances
- Fabrication drawings
- Forecast sheets along with the conversion cost sheet
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of manufacturing experience
- 3 years of experience in a leadership position
- 3+ years in a management role
- Steel manufacturing experience
- Budget management background
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.