General Laborer - Truss Purlin Line - 3rd shift
- Annville, PA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 2-Dec-2020
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The General Laborer assists in the production process by loading and unloading material from machines, conveyors, and mobile equipment; supplying or holding materials or tools; placing material in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting or wrapping; as well as stacking and banding material or products.
More specifically this position does:
- Assembly of top and bottom chords/webs with high strength bolts utilizing a torque gun.
- Working with a team to assemble Truss Purlin parts.
- Replenishes bolts, nuts and washers as needed.
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Follows quality inspection procedures for quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- 1-year experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills & Competencies:
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Safety and Quality focused
- Ability to read a tape measure
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.