Regional Sales Manager
- Annville, PA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 16-July-2021
- Department: Sales
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Regional Sales Manager implements strategies to achieve sustainable financial results, maintain and grow customer accounts, and lead the alignment of the Sales & Estimating group to effectively utilize the organization while constantly developing sales team talent. The Manager drives the development of a high performance regional sales force focused on achieving regional objectives and profitability goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive development of a high performance sales force focused on achieving regional objectives and profitability goals, ensuring direct reports are deploying the sales business systems for achieving profitable results.
- Develop plans and strategies to achieve region’s direction and strategies to achieve sustainable financial results through setting goals, objectives and targets for the assigned region with specific deliverable dates.
- Set and achieve growth goals consistent with company strategy.
- Work as a member of the regional management team to establish the region’s direction and strategies to achieve sustainable financial results.
- Assume lead responsibility for establishing and developing customer relationships. Manage recruitment, assignment and maintenance of Builders, identifying and canceling non-performing Builders to free up territory and allow for recruitment.
- Provide the management team with accurate assessment of position in the market relative to pricing, competitors, and industry trends.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Architecture or Engineering
- 5 years of field sales experience
- Thorough understanding of construction industry
Skills & Competencies:
- Executive level selling aptitude preferred
- Ability to read construction drawings preferred
- Competent in utilizing SalesForce.com to effectively manage the sales pipeline
- Demonstrated business skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Extensive coaching and mentoring skills
- Basic understanding of construction industry
- PC competent (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.