Shipping Team Member
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 1-Feb-2021
- Department: Manufacturing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from six locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
- Facilitate material and documentation flow through all production processes to final shipping.
- Partner with site leadership and Press Operators; maintaining appropriate trim stock levels.
- Support production roles through cross functional training and position coverage (i.e. Packaging, Material Handling, & Machine Operation) as needed.
- Utilize computer system to record production, enter quality results, and generate production reports.
- Pull, package and label accessory parts for orders using pick lists.
- Ensure physical receipt and support put away of all products for the Spokane facility.
- Verify all required documentation meets receiving and inventory practises and standards.
- Safely operate machine and forklift equipment.
- Interprets manifests, pick lists, sales orders, and other shipping documentation.
- Executes process steps within SAP system and maintains hard copy documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of semi-truck weight capacities per axle and full truck load.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in a high-volume production environment.
- Experience in material and document flow within a production system.
- Experience with an ERP system (i.e. SAP).
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane.
- Experience with shipping and material handling duties.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to analyse and solve problems effectively
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and workflows
- Ability to operate electronic scanners, printers, and other similar equipment
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Basic micro soft office and computer skills
- Demonstrated aptitude of safe manufacturing equipment operation and packaging processes.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of transactional and physical inventory systems.
- This position may be required to work all shifts (day, swing and/or graveyard) periodically. Ability to work any shift and to change shift requirements to meet business needs is required.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.