Maintenance & Engineering Area Manager
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 3-Jun-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
Steelscape, LLC is a national supplier of metallic-coated and pre-painted steel. Aimed at servicing the construction industry, Steelscape’s products can be used for a wide range of applications from metal buildings to architectural roofing to decking and framing. Steelscape’s facilities, located in Kalama, Washington; and Rancho Cucamonga, California are strategically located near major truck, ship and rail routes to service the Western U.S. market.
The Maintenance & Engineering Area Manager is responsible for the management and execution of maintenance and engineering activities within the Steelscape Rancho Cucamonga, CA facility. This position will facilitate the structure, systems, and processes to successfully support the reliable operations. In addition is also responsible for the daily maintenance management activities in the plant. In-directly reports to Rancho Plant manager to ensure alignment.
- Leads the development of people behaviors that are consistent with an aligned, collaborative and responsible work environment.
- Maintains a continuous improvement culture to the maintenance systems including design, procurement, planning, and work execution using a reliability maintenance philosophy.
- Develop & organize training programs for maintenance associates that apply to operations, maintenance and safety.
- Deliver the Key KPI’s for the Production Facility for Plant Reliability and Cost of Maintenance
- Maintain highest standards in Safe Work Systems for Maintenance (especially LOTO)
- Support Manufacturing excellence and Business Improvement initiatives to ensure timelines are adhered to.
- Provides support and resources to other CPNA maintenance teams as needed.
- Using Felt Leadership, implement and ensure high performance of safety metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Manufacturing Engineering or related field or 10+ years relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years of experience in a supervisory or people management role
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated Safety Leadership
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- 5 years of Steelscape Product experience
- Asset Management experience
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.