- West Sacramento, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 25-May-2021
- Shift: 2nd Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
We are hiring and we want you to be part of it! We are hiring for Material Handlers for Day Shifts.
ASC Building Products manufactures a variety of metal roofing and wall panel solutions to the residential, light commercial and agricultural markets which are sold through a network of trusted and knowledgeable distributors. ASC Building Products has operations in Anchorage, Alaska; Salem, Oregon; Spokane, Washington; and Sacramento, California.
ASC Building Products is part of the BlueScope group of companies located in 12 countries and employs over 14,000 employees. As a leading international supplier of steel products and solutions, principally focused on the global building and construction industry, we believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success
Who are we looking for?
If you enjoy working with people who are practical, put your safety first, and care about the communities in which they work, then ASC Building Products is the place for you. In this position, you will work with a dynamic and supportive team and contribute to the success of our business.
We are looking for someone with experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas of production and material handling duties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job functions considering your safety and the safety of fellow employees as the highest priority.
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks, and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish tasks.
- Coordinate shipments of material in accordance with established procedures and/or commercial standards.
- Pull, package, and label accessory parts as required for each order.
- Assemble necessary truck loading papers based on trip sheet from transportation.
- Audit accuracy of material orders prior to loading trucks and verify shipment load accuracy.
- Promote positive interaction with customers and drivers.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations to include good housekeeping.
- Subject to any and all miscellaneous work related duties requested by immediate supervisor.
- Employee must follow all company rules and regulations.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
HS Diploma or GED.
2+ years of experience operating a forklift.
Experience with shipping and material handling duties.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
Understand semi-truck weight capacities per axle and full truck load.
Skills & Competencies
- Safety orientation
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic arithmetic skills with use of a calculator
- Ability to scan, verifies, and accurately interprets documents used to stage orders, or load trucks
- Experience with offloading and loading material, particularly long length
Working Conditions/Special Notes:
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal warehouse/production environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to manipulate objects, bend, look and see
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn, talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive power equipment
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type, kneel, and crouch
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.