- Tacoma, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 6-May-2021
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from eight locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
AEP Span, a Division of ASC Profiles, LLC is a leading manufacturer of architectural metal products, offering performance rated structural roof and siding. AEP Span affords the architectural community design flexibility and freedom of expression by allowing architects to design and specify roofing and framing systems for new construction and re-roofing applications. AEP Span blends traditional design with contemporary technology and tested values. The innovative thought that goes into the product design, customer service and consideration for the installer is what makes AEP Span's roofs and walls protect not only buildings but reputations. AEP Span has operations in Tacoma, Washington; and Fontana, California.
If you are an individual with strong work habits, likes to solve problems, wants to learn and grow, has an aptitude to work with their hands, and enjoys working in an environment where everyone is a team player and everyone is committed to treating others with trust and respect, then this position might be right for you.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job functions considering your safety and the safety of fellow employees as the highest priority.
- Operate roll forming machinery and equipment.
- Manufacture and package material according to specifications.
- Perform quality checks according to specifications and accurately record daily production.
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks, and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish tasks.
- Supervises and trains assigned mill assistants to ensure a safe, efficient and productive working environment.
- Work from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, shop orders, and drawings; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Notes any secondary operation required for the order and advises the correct department of the needed process. Ensures drawings match order requests.
- Oversees tooling and die changes.
- Reads measurements from tape measures, micron meters, and protractors.
- Solve basic arithmetic problems using a calculator.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience in a high volume production environment.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane.
- Experience working as a roll form operator.
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn, talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive power equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment
- The work environment is constrained to a standard, unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to falling objects, floor hazards, machine hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
- This position is for swing shift. The ability to work any shift periodically and to change shifts to meet business needs is required.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.