Shipping- Material Handler
- Evansville, WI 53536, USA
- Job Posting Date: 4-May-2020
- Shift: 2nd Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job functions considering your safety and the safety of fellow employees as the highest priority.
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks, and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish tasks.
- Monitor the quality of the material that is picked from the lines and staged in the yard.
- Document and track movement of material as outlined in the plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Practices good housekeeping habits.
- Assist machine operators as needed with die/raft changes.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations to include good housekeeping.
- Subject to any and all miscellaneous work-related duties requested by immediate supervisor.
- The employee must follow all company rules and regulations.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years of experience in a high volume production environment is required.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience operating a forklift and overhead crane are strongly preferred.
- Experience with shipping and material handling duties is preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to read measurements from tape measures, micron meters and protractors
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic arithmetic skills with use of a calculator.
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff.
- Experience with off-loading production equipment, particularly long length material preferred.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through productive relationships with others include:
- Manufacturing Supervisor
- Manufacturing Lead
- Customer Service department
- Manufacturing department peers
Working Conditions/Special Notes
The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn, talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive power equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment is constrained to a standard, unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to falling objects, floor hazards, machine hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
- This position may be required to work all shifts (day, swing and/or graveyard) periodically.
- Ability to work any shift and to change shift requirements to meet business needs is required.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.