- Tacoma, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 24-Feb-2021
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
As a member of the CPNA Maintenance team, performs the maintenance and reliability activates throughout all facilities. Is responsible for the planning, scope, and execution of work for repairs, installation, and maintenance systems throughout the Steelscape Business. Performs training around operational maintenance and safety systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects and makes tests, consults wiring diagrams and determines material or replacement needs according to specifications.
- Plans general working procedure, determining tools and material requirements for equipment repairs.
- Locates source of trouble in any type of electrical equipment or apparatus by tracing and testing circuits and inspecting for mechanical failure.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs, replaces or adjusts faulty parts and wiring on electrical equipment, switches, circuit breakers, transformers, hydraulic and magnetic brakes, panel boards, resistance banks, motors, starters and electronic equipment.
- Rewires, insulates, paints and reassembles equipment, completing adjustments required to obtain proper operating characteristics.
- Makes mechanical repairs to equipment being serviced, including the replacement, repair and installation of sleeve and anti-friction bearings, gears, shafts, pins, etc.
- Fabricates parts, as required, using shop machines and hand tools.
- Works in assigned areas and, as called upon, services and repairs equipment in shop.
- Obtains working knowledge necessary for troubleshooting and servicing all PLC and control equipment associated with the facility.
- Performs a regular routine of test and calibrations, set ups and adjustments on any type of combustion and instrumentation equipment.
- Removes, overhauls and replaces solenoid valves, sample pumps and dryers.
- Analyzes all types of instrumentation drawings, combustion safety drawings, systems piping and wiring diagrams, charts and graphs.
Special Notes: This position will travel approximately 30% of the time, including day and overnight travel. Flexibility to perform work during off shifts and on weekends required. The company is committed to following COVID safety protocols and travel restrictions.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D plus two years of technical school in electrical or electronic technology
- 5+ years of experience in an electrical maintenance role or equivalent
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with TPM or RCM maintenance
- Experience with SAP maintenance module
- Journeymen Electrician
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems through application of principals of mechanics, electricity, and fluid dynamics to machines and equipment.
- Ability to understand the operation of moderately complex tools, machines and systems
- Ability to operate and understand a variety of computer applications and systems such as Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Maintains knowledge of machine capacity and develops solutions for efficient utilization.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations to include good housekeeping habits.
- Provides maintenance repairs on as-needed basis during non-scheduled work hours; to be on call as needed. Works with plant supervisors to ensure site environmental compliance to local and federal standards. To include but not limited to certified hazardous waste removal and tracking.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through productive relationships with others include:
- Manufacturing Manager
- Operations support staff
- Operations teams
- CPNA maintenance teams
- Maintenance Lead
- CPNA Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and to lift; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch or crawl; and lift objects up to 35 lbs.; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to disagreeable elements such as noise, dust, heat or cold.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.