Accounts Receivable/Credit Associate
- West Sacramento, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 1-Feb-2021
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Finance and Accounting
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from six locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
Finance Shared Services maintains key transactional processes for the company and maintains a customer centric focus. The Credit Associate for ASC Profiles LLC responsibilities include: enabling job orders to be released to production in a timely manner; process preliminary notices and lien waivers; keep customer accounts current through research of short payments and collection calls/emails. The Credit Associate processes New Accounts and Account Reviews, works closely with Credit Manager, and manages e-Commerce account set-up.
- Collection calls/emails on your customer base for past due account and reconcile accounts by verifying payments and researching variations on customer accounts. Provide copies of invoices/PODs as requested. Create demand letters by copying and pasting information into previously created templates. Resend failed invoice deliveries. Print electronic payments submissions received via fax and email for processing via ECD.
- Provide lien waivers daily, per customer request to be returned within 24 hours.
- Releasing orders from Credit & Prelien hold, includes contacting Sales for missing information or documentation; may include contacting customer for payment status on past due accounts.
- New Accounts/Customer Account Reviews. Pull Credit Agency Reports, send Trade Reference Requests, submit to Credit Manager for approval. Set up new customer in ERP system, update reviewed accounts in ERP System.
- Process & mail Preliminary Notices once weekly. Reprocess returned mail Preliminary Notices daily, to include in next prelim run.
- As part of the Credit Team, incumbent will have the opportunity to generate improvement ideas and participate in team and continuous improvement projects within the department.
- High School or GED requirement
- 2 years of experience in accounts receivable and collection within the construction industry
- ERP experience
- SAP experience
- Experience processing credit applications / credit analysis
- Processing daily lien waivers – Lien Writer experience preferred
Skills & Competencies
- A positive attitude and be self-driven
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Conflict resolution skill
- Detail oriented
- Drive for results
- Excellent customer service and professionalism
- Problem solving and decision making
- Professional demeanor
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Safety orientation
- Team player
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.