- Kalama, WA 98625, USA
- Job Posting Date: 19-Jan-2021
- Shift: 3rd Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
ASC Steel Deck is expanding our new facility in the Pacific Northwest. The 55,000 square foot facility located in Kalama, WA will serve steel deck needs for the entire West Coast.
We are hiring and we want you to be part of it! We are hiring for Material Handlers for Night Shifts.
ASC Steel Deck is a leading supplier and manufactures a complete line of structural, floor and roof deck that has been fully tested and evaluated for commercial construction applications for the construction market in the Western United States. ASC Steel Deck supplies structural, roof and floor deck solutions to commercial and industrial markets which are sold through an established network of knowledgeable brokers, deck sub-contractors, steel erectors and steel fabricators.
ASC Steel Deck is part of the BlueScope group of companies located in 12 countries and employs over 14,000 employees. As a leading international supplier of steel products and solutions, principally focused on the global building and construction industry, we believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Visit www.ascsd.com/careers/kalama-jobs for more information.
Who are we looking for?
If you enjoy working with people who are practical, put your safety first, and care about the communities in which they work, then ASC Steel Deck is the place for you. In this position, you will work with a dynamic and supportive team and contribute to the success of our business.
We are looking for someone with experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas of production and material handling duties.
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- This is a 12 hours rotating shift schedule Monday through Friday that will require nights, evenings, and day schedules.
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks, and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish tasks.
- Monitor the quality of the material that is picked from the lines and staged in the yard.
- Document and track movement of material as outlined in the plant SOP’s.
- Assist machine operators as needed with die/raft changes.
- Follow all safety policies and guidelines to include good housekeeping.
- Subject to all miscellaneous work-related duties requested by immediate supervisor.
- Employee must follow all company rules and regulations.
- Apply at https://www.worksourcewa.com/by entering "224048906” in the search bar.
- Send Resume directly to: [email protected]
- Complete a Skill Fit Assessment- provided by WorkSource upon submitting resume or application*
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with shipping and material handling
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane
- Ability to read measurements from tape measure, micrometer and protractor
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic arithmetic skills with use of a calculator
- Ability to scan, verifies, and accurately interprets documents used to stage orders, or load trucks
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff
- Experience with offloading production equipment, particularly long length material preferred
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn, talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive power equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment is constrained to a standard, unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to floor hazards, machine hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.