Technical Rep Engineer (Field Engineer)
- West Sacramento, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 10-Oct-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Sales
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from six locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
ASC Steel Deck is part of the BlueScope group of companies located in 12 countries and employs over 14,000 employees. As a leading international supplier of steel products and solutions, principally focused on the global building and construction industry, we believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
The Technical Rep Engineer will promote ASC Steel Deck products to engineers, architects, designers, specification writers, and building owners with the purpose of getting ASC Steel Deck products specified in projects and becoming the preferred manufacturer by designers. The object is to build ASC’s image of industry leadership as the preferred specified product and to grow market share. Through direct interface with specifiers and customers, the Technical Representative will identify market trends and characteristics to assist in planning and forecasting. The incumbent will report new product and application opportunities and will assist Sales in opening new territories. The Technical Representative will address field questions from engineers. This role will be directly responsible for increasing the usage of ASC products on projects by engineers & architects in the Western U.S. The purpose of this role is to provide timely, fit-for-purpose product and application information and guidance to increase the usage of ASC products by the design community for projects in the Western US.
- Promote ASC Steel Deck products, to engineers, architects, specification writers, and building owners.
- Dissemination of correct and timely product information, engineering support and product selection, as well as guidelines on installation to the design community—engineers, specification writers and licensed architects. Schedule and perform presentations to engineers, one-on-one and box lunch format.
- Provide Technical guidance to Engineers, specification writers, large building owners/developers and national design build-companies on the capabilities of ASC Steel Deck products. Work with specification writers to develop specifications for ASC products. Thoroughly investigate inquiry and give acceptable guidance in accordance with Company standards, capabilities, liability exposure, and Industry standards.
- Attend, exhibit and conduct presentations at regional and local engineer associations.
- Follow-up on designer leads received through ASC’s advertising, online project database and other leads generated through ASC’s promotional efforts to designers including thru Sales Force.
- Works with the Deck Sales Manager to track leads and promotion efforts to identify quantifiable results of efforts and reports the results to the Deck Sales Manager & Sales Team.
- Work with marketing and other sales personnel at trade shows and provide input on literature, promotional activities and development of new products.
- Interface with ASC Steel Deck outside sales representatives to convert specifications to orders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, or Structural Engineering; emphasis in structural design.
- 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering, building construction and/or building products industry.
- Good understanding of engineering concepts, especially Seismic Analysis, Structural Analysis, Engineering Statics, Structural Dynamic analysis, Basics of Cold-Form Steel Engineering Design, and how they relate to light gauge steel products.
- 50% travel required (automobile and air travel.
- (CA) P.E. License.
- Knowledge in cold-form steel design and standards (AISI Cold Form Steel design manual or Steel Deck Institute Manual).
- 5 years in design of cold-formed steel building components for commercial, institutional, educational, hospital, residential, or similar applications.
- Sales experience desirable.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate technical information, design examples and applications in an understandable manner.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, submittals, technical and contract documents.
- Combination of technical and interpersonal skill sets is necessary to be successful.
- Computer literate with knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to make presentations to groups of 10 to 30 people.
- Energetic and self-motivation with high level of professionalism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, along with proven ability in the areas of problem identification and resolution.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, manage organize and meet deadlines.
- Follow BSL safety framework.
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful.
- Objective is driven by self-managing capabilities.
- Proven ability to use Window environments such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Self-Starter with minimal direction and oversight.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized work practice.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
ASC Profiles LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.