- Spokane, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 26-Jul-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from six locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
This position oversees our Manufacturing facility in Spokane, WA for ASC Building Products. ASC Building Products manufactures a variety of metal roofing and wall panel solutions to the residential, light commercial and agricultural markets which are sold through a network of trusted and knowledgeable distributors. ASC Building Products has operations in Anchorage, Alaska; Salem, Oregon; Spokane, Washington; and Sacramento, California.
The Manufacturing Manager provides leadership to the production planning, shipping, and operations staff in all aspects of the operational processes for the assigned location and is critical in ensuring the skills and competency of direct reports are developed and maintained. The incumbent leads creating and reinforcing a Zero Harm culture. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to lead with the priority of developing a highly diverse, collaborative, and inclusive team. Through employee engagement, the Manufacturing Manager focuses on performance improvement, cost reduction, product delivery and customer service. The incumbent will develop and execute strategic plans aligned with ASC Profiles business goals.
- Using Felt Leadership, implement and ensure high performance of safety metrics.
- Train and Maintain standards according to BSL Codes of practice, Safety and environmental standards.
- Facilitate quality, service improvements and cost reduction through efficient manufacturing practices, collaboration and use of continuous improvement methodology.
- Provide leadership, support and direction to site employees while ensuring the skills and competency of the team members are built and maintained.
- Mentor staff to optimize performance, drive results and leadership growth.
- Work through complex situation to resolution that will require collaboration with key stakeholders at all levels of the business; requires a continuous improvement and growth mindset approach.
- Accountable for the communication effectiveness and support of the team. This includes the acquisition, filtering and distribution of relevant information. Communicate the company’s vision and values.
- Provide leadership consistency in implementing best demonstrated practices across all locations.
- Support peers by building networks, sharing successes, tools and knowledge.
- Ensure CAPEX and cost savings projects are completed on time, within budget and with recognized savings being realized.
Key Working Relationships:
- Manager, Manufacturing ASC
- Customer Service Manager & Team
- Sales Manager
- Outside Sales Representatives
- Peer Manufacturing Managers
- Support Departments
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED; bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, operations management or related field is strongly preferred; or combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing management.
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory or people management role.
- Proven hands-on experience driving a culture of safety.
- Knowledge of steel industry.
- Intimate knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and their application in a production environment including experience in converting from traditional manufacturing to Lean principles and methodology.
- Proven experience in managing safety and environment, production efficiency, maintenance, visual management, manufacturing systems, equipment utilization, delivery performance, product quality, budget and cost controls.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing management in a roll forming company.
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ERP Experience; SAP preferred
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders with ability to come to resolution
- Adapting cultural difference
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Business acumen
- Coaching and developing others
- Continuous improvement techniques with manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Drive for results
- Embracing and implementing change
- Innovative problem solving
- Leading team achievements
- Learning to delegate
- Management of inventories
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and SAP
- Proficient verbal, problem-solving, presentation and facilitation skills
- Resolving conflict
- Results driven
- Follow BSL safety framework
- Strong leadership, analytical and diplomacy skills
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
ASC Profiles LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.