Customer Service Representative
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Department: Customer Service
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Building Products manufactures a variety of metal roofing and wall panel solutions to the residential, light commercial and agricultural markets which are sold through a network of trusted and knowledgeable distributors. ASC Building Products has operations in Anchorage, Alaska; Salem, Oregon; Spokane, Washington; and Sacramento, California.
The purpose of this position is to manage the order fulfillment process including claims resolution. This position exists to coordinate customer orders and build customer relationships to generate business for ASC Profiles. Developing strong relationships within our customer base is critical as this position is the primary customer contact for coordinating phased, and single order processing, and is the internal pivot point for the customer to support departments: Sales, Operations, Purchasing, Credit, and Logistics. This position also functions to provide advice on order status, and offer technical support on product features, and installation guidelines. This position partners closely with Outside Sales Representatives for a team approach to manage the territory and/or customer assigned. Often the primary contact with the customer is ensuring proactive communication on all phases of the orders entered. It is important that this position has a strong understanding of the product offer manual to provide accurate information and details to customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive orders from customers.
- Prep (prepare) and price orders for accurate data entry using the POM, BP price pages, and policies/procedures defined by chosen material, point of production and customer supply agreements.
- Input orders into order management software, deliver, activate order confirmation and make orders active.
- Assist customers and end-consumers over the phone or in person regarding our products, services, lead times, product application, installation guidelines, paint systems / warranties, product samples and available distributors in the customer’s area.
- Assist customers with status or updates on existing orders. Effectively manage customer expectations, ensuring that service and delivery exceeds expectations, providing timely and responsive follow-through for customers.
- Performs follow-up activities on will calls, order clarification, internal order delays and other tasks as assigned, timely and consistently; documenting results, and follow-up actions; effectively coordinate/communicate with various internal departments to answer questions, provide clarification or make changes to orders. Accurately maintain project files & records for accurate record keeping and follow up. Manage job site deliveries working with General Contractors, and transport.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- 2+ year’s customer service experience or equivalent industry experience
- ERP experience
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ year’s customer service experience in construction related or manufacturing environment
- 2-5 years building products experience - either commercial or residential
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of SAP Software
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Knowledge of ASC Profiles Products; ASC Building Products preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work positively with cross-functional employees.
- Analytic Skills
- Dispute resolution / negotiation skills; ability to read specifications and drawings;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- In-depth understanding of phased projects, scope and i.e. timeframes
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Possess math skills, including the ability to work with fractions and decimals
- Project management skills
- Safety Orientation
- Self-starter; high achievement orientation
- Solid command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong Data Entry
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong passion for providing excellent customer service
- Team player
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- Customer Contact
- Extensive client contact, visibility, interaction, and exposure. May be required to host clients (existing or potential) and/or speak to senior level executives.
- Work assignments are typically deadline driven
- Computer usage may be required up to 90 percent of the time and include heavy periods of keyboarding, repetitive motion, and/or eye strain
- Safety equipment or protective gear is required as necessary (e.g., insulated gloves, protective eye wear, hearing protection, hard hat, arm guards, safety shoes)
- Travel to other local business locations may be required and include driving a personal or company vehicle as necessary
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.