Production Operator (Swing or Day Shift)
- West Sacramento, CA, USA
- Department: Manufacturing
We are hiring and we want you to be part of it! We are hiring for Production Operators for Day and Swing/Night Shifts.
AEP Span, a Division of ASC Profiles, LLC is a leading manufacturer of architectural metal products, offering performance rated structural roof and siding. AEP Span affords the architectural community design flexibility and freedom of expression by allowing architects to design and specify roofing and framing systems for new construction and re-roofing applications. AEP Span blends traditional design with contemporary technology and tested values. The innovative thought that goes into the product design, customer service and consideration for the installer is what makes AEP Span's roofs and walls protect not only buildings, but reputations. AEP Span now has operations in West Sacramento, California.
AEP Span is part of the BlueScope group of companies located in 12 countries and employs over 14,000 employees. As a leading international supplier of steel products and solutions, principally focused on the global building and construction industry, we believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
Visit www.ascsd.com/careers/kalama-jobs [UPDATE] for more information.
Who are we looking for?
If you enjoy working with people who are practical, put your safety first, and care about the communities in which they work, then AEP Span is the place for you. In this position, you will work with a dynamic and supportive team and contribute to the success of our business.
We are looking for someone with experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas of production and material handling duties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job functions considering your safety and the safety of fellow employees as the highest priority.
- Operate roll forming machinery and equipment.
- Manufacture and package material according to specifications.
- Perform quality checks according to specifications and accurately record daily production.
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks, and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish tasks.
- Supervises and trains assigned mill assistants to ensure a safe, efficient and productive working environment.
- Work from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, shop orders, and drawings; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Notes any secondary operation required for the order and advises the correct department of the needed process. Ensures drawings match order requests.
- Oversees tooling and die changes.
- Reads measurements from tape measures, micrometers, and protractors.
- Solve basic arithmetic problems using a calculator.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience in a high volume production environment.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working as a roll form operator.
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane.
- Experience with off-loading production equipment, particularly long length material.
- Ability to read measurements from tape measure, micrometer and protractor
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic arithmetic skills with use of a calculator
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn, talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive power equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment is constrained to a standard, unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to falling objects, floor hazards, machine hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
- Flexible to work various shifts including days, swings and/or graveyard, and required daily or weekly overtime as needed.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.