- Tacoma, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 4-May-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
As a member of the Maintenance team, performs the maintenance and reliability activates throughout all CPNA facilities. Is responsible for the planning, scope, and execution of work for repairs, installation, and maintenance systems. This position is primarily located in Tacoma, WA and may travel to other sites for work support as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Use mechanical and electrical skills to install, maintain and repair production equipment.
- Perform preventative/predictive maintenance duties such as Thermography, oil analysis and inspections.
- Set-up and calibrate equipment and adjust machinery.
- Troubleshoot potential equipment failures such as hydraulics, drive trains and gear boxes.
- Read, understand and explain blueprints and technical documents.
- Operate machine and hand tools such as lathes, drill presses and grinders.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, rigging, welding, crane equipment.
- Continuously seek improvement in key performance indicators.
- Safely operate forklifts and radio controlled overhead cranes.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 5 years minimum in a mechanical maintenance role
- 2 years blueprint reading experience
- 2 years millwright experience
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Associates degree in Mechanical or related field
- 5 years millwright experience
- 10 years mechanical maintenance experience
- Journey level millwright state certification
- Welding Certification
- Experience with TPM or RCM maintenance
- Experience with SAP maintenance module
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems through application of principals of mechanics, electricity, and fluid dynamics to machines and equipment.
- Ability to understand the operation of moderately complex tools, machines and systems.
- Ability to operate and understand a variety of computer applications and systems such as Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Maintains knowledge of machine capacity and develops solutions for efficient utilization.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations to include good housekeeping habits.
- Provides maintenance repairs on as-needed basis during non-scheduled work hours; to be on call as needed. Works with plant supervisors to ensure site environmental compliance to local and federal standards. To include but not limited to certified hazardous waste removal and tracking.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through productive relationships with others include:
- Plant and Operations managers
- Maintenance team
- Operations support staff
- Operations teams
- CPNA maintenance teams
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- May be required to stand or walk up to 80% of the time, including long durations of standing or walking
- Work requires physical activities such as bending, kneeling, couching, pushing, pulling, reaching, crawling, climbing, balancing, reaching etc.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.