Maintenance Manager II
- Jackson, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 12-Mar-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The primary purpose of this role is to manage maintenance resources to implement and sustain strategic maintenance objectives to support Manufacturing Excellence within the region's manufacturing defined business systems. This requires leadership skills, analytical skills and diplomacy. The key challenge and value will be balancing plant production requirements while adhering to planned maintenance activities and goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
In addition to complying with all safety and environmental policies and contributing to the company's Zero Harm commitment:
- Deliver safely the outputs expected by BlueScope Buildings NA, Jackson Plant business plan on a day to day, week to week basis
- Owner and champion of RCM processes, maintenance management software, preventive and predictive maintenance program and part inventory management
- Manage and interface with external vendors and contractors who are brought in to service or install equipment per the Contractor Management Program
- Project Management responsibilities for capital project implementation
- Ensure the skills and competency of maintenance team are built and maintained through the MST program
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Seven years' industrial maintenance experience
- Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Experience as Maintenance Lead or similar role
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree with emphasis in a technical discipline
- Prior Maintenance Manager experience
- Project Management capabilities
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Safe work practices and procedures
- Leadership Experience
- Staffing experience: interview, selection, development, termination
- Budget and spend forecasting
- Technical experience and ability to articulate issues
- Knowledge of common steel manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Knowledge of equipment systems and controls
- Equipment modifications, relocation, installation
- AutoCAD use: 2D drawing, editing, analysis
- Familiarity with Maintenance Management Software, Work Order and PM Processes
- Microsoft Office, Project
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.