Outsource Engineering Lead
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 12-Mar-2020
- Department: Production Engineering
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
BlueScope Conventional Steel Services (BCSS) is targeted as a growth strategy for BlueScope Buildings North America. The Outsource Engineering Lead manages domestic and international third party resources for BlueScope Conventional Steel Services. The Lead maintains existing contracts, identifies and contracts with new resources to support BCSS. The Outsource Engineering Lead ensures that all BCSS outsource engineering are trained, utilized efficiently, manages the schedule, evaluates performance, standardize output and deliverables, identify improvement opportunities and creates development plans.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage third party outsource contract engineering, design and detailing both domestically and internally, to support BCSS backlog and growth.
- Drive a Zero Harm culture through "felt management".
- Management includes relationship, scheduling, utilization, assessment and development.
- Work with outsource resources to ensure BlueScope design and detailing procedures are met for safety, fabrication, schedule and quality requirements.
- Establish metrics to track performance, process improvement and forecasting.
- Work with BCSS internal engineering to establish new standards and procedures.
- Work with Central BBNA Engineering to assure load balancing and utilization requirements are met.
- Identify and mitigate risk with outsource resources.
- Serve as backup to BCSS Engineering Manager.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field
- Professional Engineer license
- 3 years of engineering management experience
- Proven track record of leading high-performance engineering teams
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Experience working with or coordinating the work of outside contract engineering
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Peer relationships
- Managing and measuring work
- Drive for results
- Creative problem solving
- Decision quality
- Command skills
- Integrity and trust
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.