Health, Safety & Environment Manager
- Jackson, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 28-Feb-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Health & Safety
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager provides strategic and professional advice and direction to the Plant Manager to ensure implementation of a robust HSE system. The Manager influences behavior at all levels of the organization; challenging the status quo to drive continuous improvement on the goal of Zero Harm.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate safety compliance activities with the Facility Management team to reduce risk for employees, contractors and visitors
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective employee HSE training program
- Assist Plant Manager to develop and implement site HSE strategy
- Monitor performance against established expectations and provide regular feedback
- Coordinate environmental compliance activities with the Facility Management team, to reduce environmental impact and liabilities
- Direct and oversee facility's PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) selection, distribution, use, care and maintenance
- Facilitate roll-out of HSE programs within the facility
- Procure and maintain all environmental permits and authorizations required for facility operations
- Assist in oversight and management of employees under the Worker's Compensation Program
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a heavy industrial environment
- 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations
- 2 year degree in Environmental Sciences
- Demonstrated experience building and effective HSE program
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.