Tekla Application Programmer (Kansas City, MO or Memphis, TN)
- Memphis, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 20-Feb-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Information Systems
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops code consistent with specifications and performs unit testing of such code
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers
- Participates in formal unit and or integration testing for deliverables as assigned by management or required by project
- Communicates clearly in writing and verbally the specific logic involved in assigned tasks
- Proactively researches, learns, and applies new technology and methods to solve assigned tasks
- Performs peer code reviews and collaborates with team to improve overall design and code
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associates degree or 2 years of additional relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Professional Development experience writing new code in applications using .Net, Tekla Open API.
- 3+ years of professional development experience
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of professional development experience
- Professional certifications commiserate with Job Requirements
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Career ambition
- Learning on the fly
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Technical learning
- Functional and technical skills
- Written communications
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.