Area Sales Manager
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 13-Feb-2020
- Department: Sales
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Sales department implements strategies to achieve sustainable financial results, maintains and grows customer accounts, and leads alignment of the Sales group to the structure of the regional defined business systems.
The Area Sales Manager manages customer relationships and negotiates commercial and supply agreements. The Manager supports a culture of high performance, trust, sales and business excellence that will in turn return lucrative results for the company. The Manager also implements strategies to increase financial results, maintaining continuous growth in customer accounts and service.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive development of a high performance customer/Builder organization focused on achieving product and service sales goals within the territory
- Establish and develop customer relationships to build a strong customer/Builder organization
- Develop effective customers/Builders to achieve market share coverage to maximize financial results
- Increase business performance through customer/Builder relationships, with focus on product, pricing, training, and procedure
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years of technical sales experience or product knowledge
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Experience in executive level selling
- Basic understanding of the construction industry
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Demonstrated business skills
- PC competent – including Microsoft Office: Excel, Power Point and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Action oriented
- Organizational agility
- Integrity and trust
- Time management
- Customer focus
- Functional & technical skills
- Interpersonal savvy
- Drive for results
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.