Plasma Off Load/Stacker (Material Handler 1)
- Visalia, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 20-Feb-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Plasma Off Load/Stacker is responsible for shift production requirements providing material offload duties on two plasma cutting tables. Requires use of judgment to plan, perform and take direction from the plasma operator. Provide all necessary functions to offload cut webs and scrap from cutting tables. Must mark, stage and stack material as required. General support equipment includes the use of overhead cranes, rigging equipment, small torch cutting equipment, forklifts and a variety of small hand tools. While not inclusive, major items of equipment utilized are a Gantry crane, load and unload conveyors, submerged arc welding machines, cutting tables, dust collection systems and plasma cutting machines.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow all work instructions and safety procedures.
- Follow all quality methods and standards.
- Move parts from cut table to staging area.
- Cut scrap and drag off tables to scrap pile.
- Mark finished webs on paperwork.
- Stack webs according to beam number.
- Pile finished stacks by stack run sheet.
- Put large pieces of scrap in 10 foot shear drop area.
- Dimensional inspection of product using standard measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, assignments, drawings and reference material.
- Ability to use and apply basic math skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Capable of working with a 2-4 person crew.
- Capable of operating overhead cranes.
- Practical problem solving
- Responsible for housekeeping in work area.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- 3+ months of experience operating mobile equipment in a manufacturing or shipping environment
- Mobile equipment certification
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.