Project Clarifier - Fast Track
- Memphis, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 19-Feb-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Engineering Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Project Clarifier establishes or clarifies specific projects that are submitted as orders. The Clarifier prepares detailed descriptions of projects and their requirements to allow efficient processing by the Engineering team. They focus on continuous improvement, cost reduction, quality, and safety. The Project Clarifier also focuses on supporting and engaging in a collaborative work environment with all internal associates.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Clarify Builder orders for completeness, accuracy, and optimization which includes communicating with external customers
- Work with Engineering team to coordinate activities in Vision model throughout engineering process
- Provide technical expertise to customers
- Attending applicable meetings
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in the Metal Building field
- General understanding and ability to read architectural drawings and specifications
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Experience with Autodesk Programs preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize
- Flexibility with travel requirements and overtime when required
- Problem solving
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.