- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 17-Sep-2020
- Department: Production Engineering
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Engineering department provides safe, creative, quality, and “in place cost efficient” structural and construction engineering solutions for internal customers (e.g. manufacturing, project management and field erection) as well as external customers with superior customer service.
The Pre-Construction Modeler uses engineering systems and drawings to provide project coordination and structural design services and models for customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds and develops models for pre-construction use by builders and end customers
- Coordinates pre-construction models with production team fabrication models to verify pre-construction model accuracy. Ensures customer design service needs are met by meeting model collaboration deliverables and producing and managing drawing sets
- Develops and grows software and technical knowledge and skills to keep up with changes in software development
- Develops new, professional quality model content for company products
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associate or 2-year technical degree or 2 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Proficient in Algebra and Trigonometry
- Revit experience or knowledge
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) or conventional steel experience
- 4 years of building modelling experience (Revit preferred)
Technical Skills & Competencies
- PC competence
- Action oriented
- Functional and technical skills
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Technical learning
- Ethics and values
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Peer relationships
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.