Roll Form Operator
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 6-Jan-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from eight locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely operate machinery at or above set production standards (productivity and prime yield).
- Responsible for stacking materials coming off conveyers, applying shipping tags and any special markings required, prepare coils for the roll formers as well as load and unload coils using an overhead crane.
- Supports and performs preventative maintenance on equipment and work in shipping & receiving when needed.
- Exhibits ownership of Zero Harm which includes following all safety rules and regulations including good housekeeping habits.
- Safely performs job and operates equipment including forklifts.
- Loads and unloads material onto and from a variety of containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks and/or pallets.
- Transports product within the various departments in the plant using an overhead crane or forklift.
- Performs maintenance checks as required on the forklift.
- Takes ownership in the quality of ASC product which includes monitoring the quality of the material produced.
- Utilize 5S principles
- Performs short cut operations (to assist in this operation).
- Performs preventative maintenance of equipment as required, including lubricating machinery, completing required documents, and advising supervisor and teammates of immediate problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of SAP to record data/orders and look up information.
- Demonstrates product knowledge (gauges, color and profiles).
- Demonstrates understanding of troubleshooting process on the mills and the panel profiles.
- Documents activities in an accurate and timely manner.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years of experience in a high volume production environment is required.
- 2+ year operating roll forming machinery and equipment
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience operating a forklift and overhead crane are strongly preferred.
- Experience with shipping and material handling duties.
- Experience with an ERP system (i.e. SAP).
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to read measurements from tape measures, micronmeters and protractors
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic arithmetic skills with use of a calculator.
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff.
- Experience with off-loading production equipment, particularly long length material preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and workflows
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through productive relationships with others include:
- Manufacturing Manager
- Manufacturing Lead
- Customer Service department
- Manufacturing department peers
Working Conditions/Special Notes
The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn, talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive power equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment is constrained to a standard, unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to falling objects, floor hazards, machine hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
- This position may be required to work shifts (day, swing) periodically.
- Ability to work any shift and to change shift requirements to meet business needs is required.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.