Inside Sales Representative
- West Sacramento, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 27-Jan-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Sales
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
AEP Span, a Division of ASC Profiles, LLC is a leading manufacturer of architectural metal products, offering performance rated structural roof and siding. AEP Span affords the architectural community design flexibility and freedom of expression by allowing architects to design and specify roofing and framing systems for new construction and re-roofing applications. AEP Span blends traditional design with contemporary technology and tested values. The innovative thought that goes into the product design, customer service and consideration for the installer is what makes AEP Span's roofs and walls protect not only buildings, but reputations. AEP Span has operations in Tacoma, Washington; and Fontana, California.
The primary purpose of the Inside Sales Representative is to provide inside sales support and first line technical support to AEP Span leads, Customers and Outside Sales Representatives (OSR). This position exists to align the designated Sales Team supporting the sales growth of territory. The incumbent is responsible for providing quoting and sales support to assigned territories. The role will actively work lead generations, connecting them to the OSR, and establishing follow-up plan utilizing SalesForce. The Inside Sales Representative will work closely with AEP Span OSR team and Technical Representative. It is important for the incumbent to be self-organized, demonstrate the drive to generate leads via various communication channels, and possess the curiosity to grow in the sales profession.
The role is primarily responsible for:
- Maintain/Service and Quote assigned customer accounts as it relates to quoting technical consultation, and general sales contact.
- Solicit new sales opportunities through lead generation via various mechanism (i.e. OSR handoff, cold calling, and aged sales reports). Call on accounts that have been inactive for 12 months or more to reestablish customer relationships.
- Provide complete sales quotes as assigned and follow up on existing quotes as assigned by Outside Sales.
- Provide customer follow-up for take-offs for design engineering for Outside Sales Representative.
- Provide first line technical support to assigned AEP customers. Involve team as required and facilitate problem solving solutions.
- Track and manage leads and new customer opportunity information via sales automation software, salesforce.com.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate OSR for further development and closure.
- Proactively seek out and partner with Customer Service, Technical Support, and relevant functional support departments to successfully complete take and problem solve challenges.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items.
- Develop standard processes and project action plans to support continuing customer and inter-departmental relationships
- Weekly and monthly reporting of activities.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through productive relationships with others. Important role relationships include:
- Customer Service Manager
- Sales Manager, AEP Span
- VP Sales and Customer Service
- Marketing Manager
- VP, Innovation, Marketing & Engineering
- Manufacturing Manager
- Functional Support Team
- Design professionals
- Standard Vendors
- New Vendors
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED required.
- 3 years technical experiences in sales, customer service and/or project management
- 2 years in residential roofing and wall panel product knowledge; 2 years of experience in building products industry; or combined experience.
- 5+ years technical experiences in sales, customer service and/or project management
- Knowledge of ASC Profiles Products
- Knowledge of AEP Span Products
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- A complete commitment to Safety.
- Ability to articulate verbal instructions to customers in the field.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as a team and work well with all levels of ASC Profiles.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Accountable for working as a team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in SAP ERP System
- High attention to details.
- Manage all customer issues to completion and satisfaction.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to all customers (internal & external)
- Safety orientation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Working Conditions/Special Notes
- Extensive client contact, visibility, interaction, and exposure. May be required to host clients (existing or potential) and/or speak to senior level executives.
- Work assignments are typically deadline driven
- Computer usage may be required up to 90 percent of the time and include heavy periods of keyboarding, repetitive motion, and/or eye strain.
- Work requires continuous mental attention and high alertness.
- Significant reading in English required via Internet and/or bound volumes
- Work may be sedentary or desk bound
- May be required to conduct presentations, facilitate training, and/or speak in front of large groups of people
- Required by telephone and/or in person
- Continuing education sessions and seminars may be required to maintain appropriate licensure, certifications, and level of technical proficiency. This may include completing programs that require passing scores on exams/exercises to maintain employment and/or vendor certifications.
- Good close vision required for viewing paper copies and/or computer screens.
- Required to distinguish colors on monitoring equipment, paper copy, computer screen, or for safety purposes where vision impairment may be life threatening.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.