Central Parts Desk Specialist
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 28-Jan-2020
- Department: Operations
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Central Parts Desk Specialist manages both standard and engineered parts orders. The Specialist schedules parts orders for all plants and leads communication regarding parts orders to both internal and external customers. They also provide back up for the Order Control Department (OCD).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules parts orders according to service agreement and booking. Corresponds with Regional Credit Managers to have credit holds released in a timely manner to facilitate booking of parts orders
- Coordinates with internal and external functional groups to ensure realistic customer/builder commitments and to identify innovative solutions for customer concerns
- Performs date maintenance and trouble-shooting issues on standard and engineered parts orders
- Assures milestone dates and deliverables are met and provides updates throughout the order life
- Provides customer service levels that meet or exceed customers’ expectations throughout the life of the order and ensures timely and responsive follow-through for customers
- Serves as primary point of contact for the builder for all parts orders
- Evaluate most cost-effective manufacturing location
- Assures lowest, cost effective means of shipment to internal and external customers
- Processes Orders from Project Interface Manager (PIM) into the Oracle ERP System (COMPASS)
- Assists Engineering in correcting invalid parts after order is released to the Order Control Department
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of combined experience in Operations, Supply Chain and/or Detailing
- 5 years of Customer Service experience
- Material planning experience
- Knowledge of metal building components and end uses
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- College or technical degree
- Skilled in Order Management and Manufacturing Manager
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of Manufacturing capabilities in order to understand the impact from customer commitments or requests.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Oracle ERP applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications with special emphasis in Excel
- BI tools and reporting skills
- Conflict management
- Negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Time management
- Integrity and trust
- Action oriented
- Drive for results
- Excellent oral and written communication
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.