- Memphis, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 3-Dec-2019
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Logistics
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Supply Chain & Logistics leads and assists in developing materials, logistics and manufacturing strategies to achieve the business plan for all regions with seven strategically located manufacturing facilities in North America and numerous outsource fabricators and suppliers.
The Traffic Analyst supports the analytical and financial management of logistical functions including carrier invoicing and audit, carrier claims management, freight recovery, and Transportation Management System (TMS) support. The Traffic Analyst also provides analytical support for carrier management and negotiations for the business.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Logistics Reporting - Generates monthly reports of freight costs, oversees maintenance of freight costs, maintains contract database, and maintains central freight rate matrix.
- Carrier Invoice Management - Monitors proper coding of carrier invoices, ensures timely follow-up on all freight bill payment issues, and monitors and measures carrier compliance to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions on invoicing.
- Carrier Claims Management - Manages the gathering of information, filing, and settlement of carrier claims for damage or shortage material. Works with Project Managers and Plant Shipping departments to obtain proper documentation and photos, and to identify cause of damage.
- Transportation Management System (TMS) - Supports the utilization and training for the TMS system throughout plant shipping departments.
- Freight Calculation & Analysis - Updates and maintains freight rates, monitors utilization and effectiveness of rates, completes analysis of rates and implication on recovery, and identifies opportunities to improve overall process for freight estimation.
- Continuous/Cost Improvement - Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associates degree
- 3 years of experience in Traffic, Logistics, or International Freight Forwarding
- 2 years of Carrier claims management experience
- 2 years of Carrier invoice audit and payment experience
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business
- 5+ years of experience in Traffic, Logistics, or International Freight Forwarding
- 5+ years of Carrier claims management experience
- 5+ years of Carrier invoice audit and payment experience
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Proficient in Oracle Software and ERP systems
- Data analysis
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Root cause analysis
- Time management
- Proficient use of Compass and ERP systems
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Decision quality
- Learning on the fly
- Functional / Technical skills
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.