- West Sacramento, CA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 10-Jan-2020
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Marketing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from eight locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
Steelscape, LLC is a national supplier of metallic-coated and pre-painted steel. Aimed at servicing the construction industry, Steelscape’s products can be used for a wide range of applications from metal buildings to architectural roofing to decking and framing. Steelscape’s facilities, located in Kalama, Washington; and Rancho Cucamonga, California are strategically located near major truck, ship and rail routes to service the Western U.S. market.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for internal and external communication actions and content development for various traditional and digital media channels. The Communications Specialist plays a key part in communicating the capabilities and experience of ASC Profiles to industry as well as targeted markets and customer base. The incumbent also serves as a catalyst to effectively communicate actions and events internally.
This role is primarily responsible for:
- Developing and managing content for various traditional (print) and paid & owned digital channels as well as develop cadence and planning of content.
- Paid digital channel posts and “boasts” as well as reviewing analytics with the marketing manager.
- Developing key messaging and or value propositions for product launches and company markets and programs.
- Work with sales team(s) to develop specific geo-targeted campaigns.
- Report on key digital KPI as required.
- Maintaining listing of press release sources and calendar.
- Assisting in development of marketing plans & strategies.
- Developing copy for product collateral (new or existing), newsletters, video, advertisements, and web site content.
- Working with marketing manager to develop launch plans and actions.
- Maintaining On-Line “SWAG” system.
- Meeting with key customers and sales team to gain better understanding of marketing needs, as needed.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or GED.
- 5 years hands on experience in marketing and or communications with emphasis on content development for paid and owed digital channels such as e-mail, social, and SEM.
- SEM via Google, Bing, or Yahoo
- Understanding of key digital metrics across various platforms such as social, AdWords, Google Analytic, etc.
- Very strong communication skills both orally and written.
- Solid Command of MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of social media and digital marketing and analytics.
- Proven track record of developing copy for advertisements, and product marketing collateral.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing or combination of experience and education.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot is desirable.
- Experience in web content management systems (CMS) is preferred.
- Superior problem solving an decision making ability
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Digital marketing emphasis
- Sound planning and time management capability
- Solid listening and communication skills
- Ability to foster strong interpersonal relationships
- Critical to the success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through productive relationships with others include:
- Customers, Project Managers, Architects
- Production / Operations Team
- VP Sales & CS, Sales Managers
- Customer Service Manager
- President & Senior Leadership Team
- Outside Sales Representatives
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, use the hands to manipulate objects, talk, hear, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and type.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push, pull, twist, turn, reach above the shoulder or outward, stoop, bend, squat, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment is constrained to a standard office environment, with occasional functions in an unconditioned warehouse space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to floor hazards.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.