Press Brake Operator
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 18-Nov-2019
- Department: Manufacturing
NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Building Products manufactures a variety of metal roofing and wall panel solutions to the residential, light commercial and agricultural markets which are sold through a network of trusted and knowledgeable distributors. ASC Building Products has operations in Anchorage, Alaska; Salem, Oregon; SLC, Utah; Spokane, Washington; and Sacramento, California.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate the Press Brake at or above set production standards for productivity and yield.
- Perform all job functions considering your safety and the safety of fellow employees as the highest priority.
- Perform quality checks in accordance with the written work instructions.
- Correctly record production activities using company computer system.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment in accordance with the written schedule.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations to include good housekeeping.
- Subject to any and all miscellaneous work related duties requested by immediate supervisor.
- Employee must follow all company rules and regulations.
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years of experience in a high volume production environment is required.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience operating a forklift and overhead crane are strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and understand accessory drawings.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to read measurements from tape measures, micron meters and protractors.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Safely use pneumatic nail guns, staple guns and manual banding equipment.
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate basic arithmetic skills with use of a calculator.
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff.
Working Conditions/Special Notes
The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn, talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive power equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment is constrained to a standard, unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to falling objects, floor hazards, machine hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
- This position may be required to work all shifts (day, swing and/or graveyard) periodically.
- Ability to work any shift and to change shift requirements to meet business needs is required.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.