Engineering Services Manager
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 4-Nov-2019
- Department: Production Engineering
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Engineering department provides superior design and detailing for all North American brands and divisions. They deliver exceptional customer service and satisfaction and provide high quality work products while ensuring all applicable engineering standards are met and that efficiency and effectiveness is maximized.
The Engineering Services Manager oversees the Engineering team and support staff, focusing on the highest standards in engineering and production services, while working with other managers and coordinators to maintain consistency and acceptable project schedules. The Manager also develops high performance work teams that meet company objectives and profitability goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maximize locational engineering team accuracy, utilization, absorption, forecasting and efficiency to accelerate throughput, shorten lead time and reduce cost.
- Actively participate in and contribute to company engineering improvement initiatives including the standardizing of processes and systems to drive improvements in quality and to significantly reduce claims, and the implementation of nVision.
- Ensure all reports, records, data and support documents are current and accurate and used to analyze the performance of locational teams.
- Ensure people management processes are adhered to including the performance management, talent and succession processes, and ensure resources exist that meet the technical capability to meet the needs of customers.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 10 years of Engineering management experience
- 10 years of Pre-Engineered Metal Building (PEMB) experience
- Proven track record of leading high-performance engineering teams
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Professional Engineering License
- Thorough knowledge of company product and engineering procedures
- Thorough knowledge of company engineering reports & metrics
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Customer focus both internal and external
- PC competent
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Directing others
- Peer relationships
- Business acumen
- Managing and measuring work
- Drive for results
- Command skills
- Process management
- Motivating others
- Integrity and trust
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.