Material Handler 3 (Loader)
- Annville, PA, USA
- Job Posting Date: 25-Oct-2019
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under limited supervision, the Material Handler 3 works independently and uses advanced skills and independent judgment to plan and build external trailer loads by calculating the best product fit and operating forklift, side-loader, combi-lift or other mobile equipment. The Material Handler 3 also uses a yard spotter truck to position loaded or empty trailers in yard, loading bays, and staging areas.
Primary Duties Include:
- Plan and build loads of materials and products onto flatbed trailers to ensure safe over-the-road transportation.
- Position flatbed trailers for loading of materials and products in yard, loading bays and staging areas.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and transactions, including scanning requirements.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities.
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned. 5% of job.
- High School diploma or equivalent or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- 6 months of related experience and/or training
- 1+ years of experience operating mobile equipment to load flatbed trailers for over-the-road transportation
- Mobile equipment certification and/or CDL license
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.