- Annville, PA, USA
- Department: Engineering Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Estimator provides support to the business, builders, architects, and end customers by providing up front product knowledge, pricing, details, and complete estimating and technical support. This is a fast paced work team environment focused on service to our customers. Overtime required as necessary to meet business needs.
- Ensure Builders are provided with timely, accurate and optimal structural estimations and pre-order assistance.
- Assist Builders with understanding brand pricing software and its capabilities.
- Support the Region’s Sales Force with any needed information regarding quotations to allow setting of final price to the Builders.
- Increase or maintain department quote hit ratio.
- Maintain quote logs and data for department metric and archive of quote histories.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field. In lieu of a degree, 2-year Associate’s Degree and 8 years of experience in Estimating, Project Management or a related discipline.
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Competent in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Drive Team Performance
- Good peer and collaborative relationships
- Customer Focus
- Functional Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Decision Quality
- Organizational Skills
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.