Multiple Opportunities - Team Member (Operations Technician)
BlueScope is an Australian-born, global success story, spanning 18 countries, with a team of over 14,000 people. We’re driven by innovation and are proud that the technologies in our products and brands, like COLORBOND® steel, inspire and protect everything from hospitals and bridges to stadiums and homes.
Are you ready to start a new journey? Come and discover the opportunity to join our Lysaght production team in our BlueScope Building Components (BBC) business as a Team Member. No previous experience needed, we’ll provide you with all the on-the-job training and support needed to develop you in your new career.
We are excited to be offering multiple permanent Team Member opportunities at our Lyndhurst site. We have a variety of shift patterns available to fit your lifestyle, including some family and school friendly hours.
As part of our diversity and inclusion journey, BlueScope is aiming to increase the representation of women in our Operations workforce across our businesses. We strongly encourage female applicants to apply for these positions.
Team Members support our manufacturing and logistics operations in ensuring our products and solutions are delivered in a safe and timely manner for our customers. Some of these positions will require lifting and manual movement of product depending on role requirements. We ensure all our employees are equipped with all the necessary equipment and training to complete these tasks safely.
You will commence on an attractive rate of $29.45 per hour plus applicable shift penalties (15% afternoon shift/30% night shift), the opportunity to work overtime, as well as eligibility for a 10% discretionary bonus incentive. As your skills develop, or once you have reached a certain period of time – your base hourly rate will increase to the next pay level of $31.42 within 6 months.
Working Monday to Friday, we are offering the following shifts:
Afternoon – 2pm to 10pm, Night – 10pm to 6am
What Will You Do?
This diverse role will offer you variety each day, providing you with scope to showcase your skills that impacts the safety of our people as well as the quality of our products, you will be:
- operating a forklift, gantry cranes and processing machinery
- safely preloading and unloading our products to trucks
- safely pack and strap our steel products on site to create specific orders
- supporting the team with general tasks
More About You
Being a reliable and dedicated individual with a willingness to learn and develop yourself, you will also bring:
- a willingness to undertake forklift training and obtain the relevant license
- a positive attitude and a desire to work in a role that offers career progression
- experience in working in a fast-paced environment
- commitment to your own safety and wellbeing and care for others
What’s in it for you
- no need to purchase new workwear – you’ll be provided with a uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- paid training including a forklift ticket and overhead crane operations
- be involved in improving our processes and make the most of our online learning platform to support your continuous development
- to help you thrive we offer great health and wellbeing initiatives including access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP), on-site physiotherapist, and eligibility for a Fitness Passport
- enjoy a vibrant and inclusive workplace culture that hosts regular celebrations and BBQ’s
- access to a range of exciting discounts across travel, vehicles, health and more!
If this sounds like the role for you, we would like to hear from you.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/careers.
Together we can make a world of difference.