Health & Safety Partner, Mascot NSW or Minchinbury, NSW
- Minchinbury NSW 2770, Australia
At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Kiteley’s business in our Safety team as a Health and Safety Partner. For more than 50 years, the Kiteley’s name has been synonymous in steel roofing. From its foundation in the Shoalhaven area in 1957, it has grown to serve clients ranging from individual homeowners to leading project home builders and industrial and commercial property developers throughout NSW.
People are our strength and safety is at the core of everything that we do. We look out for one another and have a safety-first culture where everyone is a leader of safety.
This is a genuine opportunity to influence long term outcomes and further develop Kiteley’s safety platform for the future, you will grow and build strong partnering relationships with our frontline and senior management teams as well as our contractors and customers.
Initially a 12-month contract position, this role could be based at our Minchinbury or Mascot sites. You will utilise either as your base to travel to consult with teams at various sites across Sydney and Regional NSW.
What Will You Do?
As a trusted safety advisor, you will coach, develop and lead the business on health, safety and environmental outcomes and champion our safety culture.
- deliver strategic HSE advice to our business leaders thinking beyond the quick fix - promote continual improvement in the engagement of people and management of risk
- build safety leadership, capability and culture across onsite and management teams
- improve induction and onboarding training programs, welcoming new staff into the BlueScope safety culture
- support incident investigations and use learnings to improve controls
- manage the compliance and auditing functions for the team including document control and our regular audit calendar
More About You
With your ability to influence, coach, engage and communicate meaningfully with our people, leaders and customers, you will bring:
- experience in a similar position within the construction industry
- strong stakeholder consultation skills and ability to champion and inspire innovation and change
- an ability to implement and audit risk identification and mitigation strategies
- experience in incident investigations
- the ability to prioritise - ensuring that you can balance day-to-day tasks with longer-term strategic projects
- a valid construction White Card
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Wednesday September 29th, 2021