Customer Service Representative (Trade Assistant), Launceston TAS
- Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Lysaght business in our Launceston team as a Customer Service Representative (Trade Assistant). Made in Australia since 1921, Lysaght manufactures and markets steel building products that have helped shape the nation: from iconic corrugated roofing over Australian homes, to large commercial and industrial projects.
As a Customer Service Trade Assistant, you will regularly interact with our walk in customers on site at the Launceston Branch, as well as managing enquiries that come via phone and email. Our customers are a mix of homeowners and builders requiring a variety of superior products and solutions that we offer. Being the face of BlueScope, you will ensure all of our customers receive exceptional service.
With the support of a strong leadership team you will be given every opportunity to further your career in customer service with us here at BlueScope Australia.
What Will You Do?
Working with a friendly and inclusive team you will be a key contact for sales and service enquiries received via phone, email and customers that attend the branch. This will see you:
- interact with our customers in branch, phone, Skype, and email managing quotes and queries
- follow-up on quotations and inquiries converting these into sales opportunities
- collaborating with internal stakeholders including transport, warehouse and sales departments to ensure customer expectations and requirements are met - including product specifications, special packaging, and delivery timetable
- nurture and grow relationships with customers to uncover new business and sales opportunities
- continuously look at new ways of improving the customer experience and consistently improving the total value proposition
This is a Monday to Friday role, working 38 Hours per week within a rotating roster of 7:30am – 5:00pm.
More About You
You will have a strong customer focus, will be passionate and driven to provide excellence in customer service, with a desire to learn and develop your skills & knowledge in a faced paced segment of the building industry.
In addition, you will have:
- excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- a strong customer focus with the ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office and ability to pick up new IT systems quickly
- a willingness to grow, learn and develop yourself within the building industry
- a proactive approach in building constructive and effective relationships
- high attention to detail and ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- a commitment to your own safety and well-being while caring for other
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/.Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Tuesday 13th July 2021.