Process Engineer, Western Port VIC
- Hastings VIC 3915, Australia
At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Cold Reduction team at our Western Port Manufacturing facility as a Process Engineer. As a part of the broader Australian Steel Products Portfolio, we have four major manufacturing sites at Western Port which operate 24 x 7 and deliver a variety of products, innovative solutions and services to export and domestic customers.
This dynamic role will see you supporting all aspects of process production as you apply your technical, analytical and continuous improvement skills to the forefront of everything you do. In doing this, you will deliver processes and ensure product conformity across a range of specialist unit groups..
What Will You Do?
With your ambition, drive and hands-on approach you will:
- be comfortable building rapport with all levels of the business as you learn and gather information about the various processing units
- identify and improve the outcomes of technology and operational processes
- working directly with production teams to understand core processes
- embed an improvement mindset, whilst working closely with cross functional teams on projects and address areas of inefficiency and improve performance and process
- perform internal audits on site for the relevant special process and product recommendations from your data analysis
More About You
Supported by tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical/Materials/Chemical) or related disciplines, you will have experience in applying your analytical skills to address process performance. You will also bring:
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- a hands-on style with presence on the Shop Floor
- exposure to Lean systems or methodologies
- practical Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
- tenacious and determined to solve problems
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Friday 16th April 2021.