Logistics Operators, Salisbury QLD
- Salisbury QLD 4107, Australia
At BlueScope, we create and inspire smart solutions in steel, strengthening our communities and helping build a better future. Our steel has shaped everything from hospitals and schools, bridges and stadiums to fences and homes – influencing the way we live and work, now and in the future.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our Orrcon Steel business in our Salisbury Manufacturing team as a Logistics Operator. Orrcon Steel is a manufacturer of steel tube and pipe and leading Australian steel distributor with nationally recognised brands.
Working in our warehousing distribution centre, our Logistics Operators are responsible for ensuring that our products are safely loaded and unloaded for transportation to our customers. In this varied position, you will also be responsible for other aspects of our supply chain logistics including administration, coordination and planning.
No experience is required for this position as full on the job training and development will be provided. We are excited to be offering multiple opportunities for permanent Logistic team members for our Salisbury plant.
What Will You Do?
As a logistics operator, you will be responsible for the coordination of outgoing loads and fulfilment of customer deliveries. You will maintain high levels of safety awareness at all times to ensure the safety of yourself and your co-workers. This role will see you:
- configuring and calculating the correct product loads to maximise vehicle capacity
- using radio frequency scanners to pick shipments and maintain accurate inventory levels
- loading and unloading trucks using a gantry crane
- observing correct loading processes to ensure the quality of product is maintained during transport
More About You
Previous operations or logistics experience is not essential. What we care about is your enthusiasm, work ethic and ability to go above and beyond for your work colleagues.
We are on the lookout for dedicated team players who:
- put safety first
- have a willingness to learn and develop themselves
- can work in a fast-paced team environment
- respect others and embrace a diverse and inclusive workforce
As part of our diversity and inclusion journey, BlueScope is aiming to increase the representation of women in our Operations workforce across our businesses. We strongly encourage female applicants to apply for these positions.
We offer competitive conditions, on-the-job training and opportunities to extend your skills and grow your career.
Once you have submitted your application online, we will then invite suitable applicants to conduct an online video interview prior to attending a formal interview.
The BlueScope Difference
A career at BlueScope provides the opportunity to make a difference – to you, to your team, to our customers, to transforming products, processes and brands, and to an organisation intent on shaping a better built environment for all our communities. At BlueScope, you will:
- make an impact both within the organisation and in the broader community
- create and deliver innovative products and solutions that shape the world we live in
- grow on a path of continuous learning and development
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
We’re dedicated to supporting our people - keeping one-another safe, rewarding successes, and helping individuals grow. We foster workplace flexibility and an inclusive work environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re committed to climate action and to helping shape a better future for all our communities; we are committed to Our Purpose, Creating Strength.
Come and discover us at bluescope.com/life-at-bluescope/. Together we can make a world of difference.
Applications close Thursday 22 April 2021.