Health, Safety & Environment Professional, Emu Plains NSW
- Emu Plains NSW 2750, Australia
BlueScope is a technically advanced supplier of steel and steel products in Australia. We are an inclusive organisation and every day we showcase our technology and expertise throughout the world.
Health, Safety, Environment responsibilities are integral to the way we do business at BlueScope. We are looking for a passionate HSE Professional to support our BlueScope Building Components (BBC) business in NSW on a permanent full- time basis. Based at our Emu Plains site, you will be responsible for multiple sites across NSW.
As the HSE Professional, you will be part of the frontline management team, providing overall coaching and support to the business on health, safety and environmental issues, implementation of initiatives, and long term continuous improvement for the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver HSE advice to business leaders, thinking beyond the quick fix, to ensure strategic alignment and continuous improvement;
- Implement and deliver the Building Components Health Safety and Environment plan;
- Coach and support managers and employees on risk mitigation strategies and delivering HSE improvement projects;
- Implement safety and environment system requirements, ensure policies and procedures are understood and applied by site leaders;
- Conduct risk assessments, incident investigations, support reporting and governance requirements; and
- Assist state to meet workers compensation & injury management requirements.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is not only enthusiastic about HSE, but also able to connect and communicate meaningfully with people. You should be motivated, proactive and well-organised, ensuring that you can balance day-to-day tasks with long-term strategic projects. Key to your success will be your ability to coach, question and listen to others rather than command. This role will involve travel to sites across NSW.
To be successful for this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- risk identification and management;
- proven skills in Incident Investigation;
- sound understanding of Australian safety standards and regulations;
- demonstrated ability to influence and coach stakeholders at all levels of the business; and
- proven experience in driving innovation and change.
What are the benefits?
- A competitive remuneration package including attractive superannuation option.
- Further professional growth to support your career.
- The chance to work for an iconic Australian organisation.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close: Thursday 4th February 2021.