Operations Supervisor, Bibra Lake WA
- Bibra Lake WA 6163, Australia
BlueScope Distribution is about innovation, inspiration and strength through our products and services. We and our customers design, manufacture and create flat steel products which find their way into our everyday lives. As part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker – we are proud that our innovative products support Australian business in varying industries.
Due to an internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Supervisor for Day Shift. Reporting to the State Operations Manager, you will manage, lead, motivate and develop high performing teams to meet or exceed our customer requirements.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Build and sustain an effective team capable of producing desired business results (eg. safety, quality, lead times and delivery in full, on time measures;
- Ensure that all shifts are working collaboratively to drive improvement of all operational processes;
- Plan, coordinate and control the dispatch and goods movement of material; and
- Lead and control inventory integrity within the site warehouse and ensuring accuracy of stock holding at all times.
Who are we looking for?
Your well-developed leadership experience with a focus on safety, people and continuous improvement will support your success. You will also possess:
- demonstrated experience coaching and motivating staff;
- previous involvement in an operational role and /or logistics environment; and
- exposure to and understanding of maintenance programmes, systems and practices.
What are the benefits?
Working with BlueScope you will enjoy:
- competitive remuneration package;
- opportunity to participate in a performance incentive program; and
- access to further development and career opportunities in BlueScope.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.