Customer Service Team Leader, Minchinbury NSW
- Minchinbury NSW 2770, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
We are looking for a Customer Service Team Leader, true leader with exceptional communication and organisational skills to join our team based in Minchinbury NSW. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a busy office environment, demonstrate your passion for exceptional customer service, and lead a small team.
Displaying high levels of initiative along with well-developed people management skills, administration, problem solving and time management abilities, you will undertake the following:
- Implement continuous-improvement initiatives;
- Ensure that daily interaction with branch customers is of a high standard;
- Maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external customers;
- Create sales opportunities through enthusiastic and proactive selling;
- Provide timely service to all customers, including quotes, order fulfillment and order management;
- Coordinate orders and review availability of products, whilst supporting external sales teams and branches.
Who are we looking for?
We encourage applicants from different industries and backgrounds; no previous steel or distribution experience is required. You will be a customer service professional with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and develop, along with the following attributes:
- digital literacy and articulate phone communication skills;
- the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously;
- excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills;
- team management; and
- high attention to detail.
We strive for first-class safety practices, so your commitment to your own safety and that of others is paramount.
What are the benefits?
We offer structured training programs and the career benefits of being part of a large, supportive organisation. This is a busy, interactive site with plenty of energy, excitement and variety.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Monday 1st of February 2021