Customer Service Officer, Dubbo NSW
- Dubbo NSW 2830, Australia
Be part of an internationally recognised ASX company that offers a rewarding work environment with exciting opportunities for career development. Orrcon Steel is a reputable, nationally recognised brand in the steel industry and is part of BlueScope: Australia’s largest steelmaker. Orrcon Steel is committed to providing high-quality service, selling our own manufactured products and providing innovative steel solutions to our customers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Customer Service Officer to join our friendly and supportive team based in Dubbo, NSW. Reporting to the Branch Manager this is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your passion for exceptional customer service supporting our regional market. No previous experience in steel, operations, manufacturing or distribution is required, but would be an advantage.
You will ensure that daily interaction with branch customers is of a high standard, whilst achieving the following:
- maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external customers;
- assist customers with orders and enquires over the phone and face-to-face over the counter;
- create sales opportunities through proactive selling;
- complete quotes and order processing;
- coordinate orders and review relevant availability of products; and
- support the external sales teams and branch.
Who are we looking for?
You should have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. In this role, you should also exhibit the following attributes:
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to serve customers from the front counter;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- sound computer skills;
- the ability to work independently and in a team; and
- the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
As an industrial organisation, we strive for first-class safety practices, so commitment to your own safety and that of others is also paramount.
What are the benefits?
We offer structured training programs and an enjoyable, supportive workplace culture that strives for great results. We are committed to your ongoing training and development. This is a busy, dynamic site with plenty of energy, excitement and variety. You will receive a competitive remuneration package and have the opportunity to participate in our sales incentive scheme.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 31st January 2021.