Storeperson, Queanbeyan NSW
- Queanbeyan NSW, Australia
At BlueScope Building Components (BBC), we are renowned for our delivery of high quality and innovative customer solutions through our market leading brands including Lysaght and Fielders. We use 100% Australian Steel Products and are an integral part of BlueScope – Australia’s largest steelmaker.
We are looking for a friendly, high energy individual to come on board to our friendly team as a Storeperson. Based out at our Queanbuyan, NSW site, this role will involve loading and unloading stock, picking and packing customer orders, answering phones and serving customers and other customer service duties.
Typically, you will start your day performing general warehousing duties. Your responsibilities will include:
- operating a forklift to unload our incoming deliveries and load our products ready to be dispatched to customers;
- ordering and maintaining stock levels for all of site requirements;
- processing and managing customer orders, quotes and enquiries via face to face, online and over the phone as well as processing sales;
- efficient and accurate data entry and order taking, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner and systems updated accordingly;
- maintaining and enhancing relationships with external and internal customers including the Sales and Warehousing teams within the Branch; and
- having high attention-to-detail and accountability ensuring positive impact to the business.
This is a Monday to Friday role, working a 38-hour week within the trading hours of 7:30am to 4:30pm.
Who are we looking for?
A reliable and punctual customer orientated individual who is passionate and driven to provide excellent service to customers and willingness to perform warehousing duties (training will be provided).
In addition, you will have:
- the ability and willingness to obtain a forklift licence (if you don’t already hold);
- high level communication and customer service skills;
- able to work unsupervised and part of a small team
- time management and sound computer literacy skills in MS Office (and SAP, an advantage however training will be provided;
- willingness to learn, possess a can-do attitude, show initiative; and
- high level of safety awareness.
What are the benefits?
BlueScope is a great place to work. We will provide you with training, systems and processes that will enable you to be successful. You will work with colleagues that are passionate about their career and doing a job well.
We're proud to have been named an Inclusive Employer for 2019–2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We believe that our people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued, sustainable success.
We know that workplace flexibility can mean something different to everyone. Under our B-Flex initiative all of our roles have some degree of flexibility. We encourage you to discuss your needs with us.
Applications close Sunday 31st January 2021